Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Really good chili!

Everytime we get cooler weather in Houston, I like to make chili. I typically take the veggies in my refrigerator that are about to go bad and use them all up. That's precisely what I did with this chili recipe:

First you will take a yellow pepper and a yellow onion. Chop up the entire pepper and half of the onion. Take a sauce pan and add olive oil to the pan. Sautee the onion and pepper on medium to high heat.Next, you'll take mushrooms and add those to the mix. You can use any type of mushrooms you'd like:I also added cilantro to the mix as well. If you don't like cilantro, just leave that herb out:Continue to sautee all the veggies until they are completely tender. Once they are cooked, remove your pan from the heat and set aside.

Next, you will brown your ground beef. You can use chili meat and/or ground turkey as well. I personally don't like chili meat because it's just a bit too chunky for my personal taste. Cook the meat until it's completely brown:Next, you will add your veggies to your meat:With the final step, you will take a can of tomato sauce, two cans of stewed tomatoes and a can of corn. Add those to your mixture. Lastly, add your chili seasoning (you can buy the pre-made seasoning packet or make your own). Let all items simmer for approximately 20 mintues. Top with cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!

No comments: